Each guests has private accommodation in the Creativity Cabin, which is for their exclusive use. This is a self-contained, well-insulated, grass-roofed, wooden, eco-building on the edge of the Beara Peninsula, West Cork which offers spectacular views of Coulagh Bay, the Miskish Mountain chain and the Atlantic Ocean. It is a secluded location with no distractions, affording you the solitude and peace to work.
The accommodation is self-catering and has a very well-equipped kitchen. We provide some basic 'Arrival/Survival' supplies to get you going (tea/coffee, condiments etc). The local town, Castletownbere, is Ireland's biggest fishing port and fresh fish and other local delicacies are available for purchase nearby. Vegetarian/Vegans are well-catered for in two local wholefood shops, Taste and Loop de Loop. The award-winning range of Milleens Cheeses can be purchased locally. We can also source you free-range hen and duck eggs, home-made breads etc). And we can recommend a range of good places to eat out.
We can provide a occasional meal. Pre-booking is essential for this service,
which can be handy on the first night if you are arriving late.
Subject to availability your stay can be as short or long as you like.
There is no set arrival/departure day.
Where possible, we can facilitate early arrival and late departure so
that you can optimise your time here.
Extra guests may stay for an additional charge. (There is a comfortable double bed,
and the sofa in the living area pulls out into an additional bed if necessary).
Special rates are available for regular or returning guests.
The creativity cabin contains:
*A light-filled, spacious work space with table, office chair and ample electrical outlets
* A cosy bedroom, (double bed, bed linen provided)
* Private toilet and electric shower, (towels provided)
* Use of a washing machine and drier, (laundry service is free but we appreciate a donation to the Lifeboat Service box in the Cabin)
* Kitchenette (fridge, sink, full-sized cooker, grill, tea/coffee-making facilities)
* A highly-efficient, wood-burning stove. (Wood is provided free of cost; turf briquettes available at cost price)
* Excellent 083 mobile coverage. Nearby land line available for use by pre-arrangement
* Internet access: Wireless connectivity available.
* Printing, proof-reading, editing services on request. (Fees negotiable)
* Information on local cultural events and amenities. Just let us know what you're interested in and we'll give you great local tips.
* Red Flag / Green Flag System: This highly popular flag system allows guests to indicate when they are on a creative roll (or just having a nap!) by putting up a little red flag at the Cabin to ensure that they aren't disturbed for any reason. The green flag indicates that you are open to a little social contact. So if we see the green flag up we might invite you to join us for a swim, a walk, cup of tea and a scone or a trip to hear some music at a local pub. This ensures that you are in control of your work/life balance and has proven very successful to date.
For reasons of fire safety SMOKING IN THE CREATIVITY CABIN IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. (You may smoke outdoors and use a butt-collector) .